Friday, March 14, 2008

New Teacher

This semester, I'm teaching one section of freshman students, the only class that I didn't also teach last semester. The first week, I spent some time introducing myself and getting to know the class. For their journal assignments, some of the students shared their first impressions of me:

"Our new foreign teacher is a lovely, beautiful girl and also a three-quarters American. It really make me feel friendly that she told us a quarter of her blood is Chinese. Her name, Kitty Hallin, had caught much attention because Hello Kitty is a world-known cartoon role."

"Kitty, it's very nice to meet you, my new English teacher. I have listened to your class for just one time but your special teaching skill slay me."


"Slowly but surely, the first English class of listening and speaking came. To our surprise, a new teacher turned up in the class. Of course, she is Kitty Hallin. Kitty Hallin really looked short. [. . .] As a whole, our new teacher is very interesting and smart and she would come up, with some new idea to improve our English skills. Am I right, Miss Hallin?"

No comments: