Sunday, July 20, 2008

Look for Me on a Continent Near You!

Yes, it's finally here.. I'm coming home. I've been meaning to update recently with pictures from my trip to Beijing, the trial and tribulations of packing one whole year into a suitcase, and the recent addition of an adorable and hellish kitten in my life.. but as you can see, I've been busy. I'm leaving tomorrow morning on a bright and early flight out of Xi'an, and after a seven-hour layover at the Beijing airport, I'll be leaving behind this wonderful and strange country.. at least for awhile. It's hard to sum up just what I've learned in the past 11 months, but after everything I've experienced, I'm definitely coming back with a new appreciation for what I have and what I've been given. And also for really good pizza. I'm a little nervous to go back to "normal life" and worried that things won't seem so normal anymore.

Here's where I'll be in the foreseeable future:

July 21-23: Vancouver, BC
July 23-29: Seattle
July 29-? : Minneapolis

Thanks for reading about my adventures and rambling thoughts of this past year, and I hope to see all of you soon. I'm crossing my fingers for no delayed flights/lost baggage/crashed airplanes. Wish me luck!

No comments: