Saturday, May 31, 2008

Awww...

Here is a letter I received from one of my students the other day:

Hi Kitty! This is the last journal. And the examination is around the corner. I don't worry about the examination. But I do know, after the examination, you won't come to see us. Is that right?

What I want to say is I will miss you in the future. You have brought us much happiness, and we all consider you as a good teacher and a good friend. You have a shown us what an optimistic an American girl is.

Since you have accepted my invitation to be a judge last time, I came to know how kind you are. To be honest, I was touched. On that evening, we talked a lot. I was so excited that I was full of energy for following several days. It's very comfortable to be with you. So, extremely, I want to make friends with you. Maybe we have been, all right? That's why I telephoned you to make sure you are ok on the earthquake day. You are my friend.

I don't know if you wonder why a Chinese boy would think so much for just a simple help. If you do wonder, I would say it's the different between Chinese and American. One is inner and the other is outer. I don't know if each American girl, or boy is so straightforward, but as your character has impressed me, my dream that studying in US few years later is more resolute. I want to make friends with more straightforward American. At that time, if have chances, I will go to Minneapolis to drop at my first American friend's home. Will you welcome me? :)

But we have another problem to work out. If we don't keep in touch with each other for four or six years, we will just be strangers.

So I will reveal the main purpose of the whole passage. I want to keep in touch with you in the future. If you consider your Chinese student I is ok or just not bad, please promise me. I want it very much. And on the other aspects, you can get accurate information about China from me, it is free! :)

In the end, I want to represent all my classmates to say, you are a good teacher, a good friend, we all love like you, we will miss you forever!

I'm really going to miss all this undeserved admiration.

No comments: